Our Pro Bono Partner - beyondblue
Aitken Partners is proud to be announce that beyondblue: the national depression initiative will be our principal pro bono partner for 2010 and beyond.
beyondblue is a national, independent, not-for-profit organisation working to address issues associated with depression, anxiety and related substance-use disorders in Australia.
beyondblue is a bipartisan initiative of the Australian, State and Territory Governments with the key goals of raising community awareness about depression/anxiety and reducing the stigma.
beyondblue works in partnership with health services, schools, workplaces, universities, media and community organisations, as well as people living with depression/anxiety and related disorders, to bring together their expertise.
beyondblue’s five priorities are:
- Increasing community awareness of depression, anxiety and related substance misuse disorders and addressing associated stigma
- Providing people living with depression/anxiety and their carers with information on the conditions and effective treatment options and promoting their needs and experiences with policy makers and healthcare service providers
- Developing depression/anxiety prevention and early intervention programs
- Improving training and support for GPs and other healthcare professionals on depression/anxiety
- Initiating and supporting depression/anxiety-related research.
For information on depression and related disorders, available treatments and where to get help visit www.beyondblue.org.au or call the beyondblue info line on 1300 22 4636.