Kathy has significant experience in all matters in relation to wills, trusts and estates, including deceased estate disputes and succession planning. She represents clients pro bono, particularly advising people with disabilities regarding VCAT Guardianship List matters.
Kathy's litigation work includes frequent dealings and mediations with the Office of the Public Advocate and State Trustees.
Kathy runs internal training courses on mediation and is involved in community education programs, specifically as a co-writer of the LIV Life Legals seminar paper, funded by Victorian Law Foundation.
She has experience in:
- Advising on all aspects of Wills, Trusts and related documentation
- Advising on all matters of estates and associated dispute resolution.
- Administering trusts and estates.
- Obtaining all types of grants of Probate and Administration.
- Advising trustees and beneficiaries on their rights and obligations.
- Advising on the establishment of trusts and preparing trust deeds and variations.
- Advising on the removal and appointment of trustees.
- Advising on deceased estate disputes providing advice on challenges to Wills, acting in trust and estate litigation.
- Advising on succession planning, including structuring succession planning solutions and Powers of Attorney and Guardianship.
- Advising on guardianship and disability issues, including representing clients at VCAT Guardianship List hearings.
- Advising ANZ Trustees on numerous issues involving the administration of deceased estates, charitable trusts and property sales and purchases.
- Advising Equity Trustees on numerous issues involving the administration and litigation of deceased estates.
- Chair – Law Institute of Victoria Succession Law Section
- Member – Law Institute of Victoria Elder Law Section
- Past President – Institute of Legal Executives (Victoria) and (Australia)
- Member – Council of the Institute of Legal Executives (Victoria) and (Australia)
- Member – Institute of Legal Executives (Victoria) Education Committee
- Member – RMIT Law Advisory Committee
- Trust & Estate Practitioner – Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners
- Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives (Victoria)
- Member – Supreme Court Probate Users Committee
- Member – County Court Users Committee.