Robyn has worked continuously for nearly 40 years and so has extensive experience. She has mainly worked in the areas of Property and Wills and Estates. As well as many private clients, Robyn has done work for all the major trustee companies.
Robyn has conducted litigation concerning wills and estates including capacity cases, construction proceedings and Testator’s Family Maintenance applications.
Extensive experience in drafting wills, whether:
- to meet difficult family situations for the protection of children or beneficiaries with impaired capacity;
- for the protection of assets for spend-thrifts or alcoholics and the like;
- for high net worth individuals having regard to both the provisions of the ASIC Act, Family Law Act, Bankruptcy Act and Income Tax Assessment Act.
Robyn seeks first to establish the aims of the client, then to review the client's assets and the name or entity in which they are held and then to draft a will which not only achieves the client's aim on paper but actually works within the asset structures.
Grants of Representation
Robyn has experience in all types of grants from the simplest applications for Letters of Administration and Probate to application for grants with respect to lost wills, duplicate wills as well as the many other forms of administration extending but not limited to pendente lite, ad colligendum bona and de bonis non.
Challenges to Wills or Grant of Representation
Robyn has experience in challenges to wills, be it fraud or forgery, capacity, undue influence or testators family maintenance applications,
- Pursuant to section 15 of the Administration and Probate Act
- Applications for rectification
- Applications for construction
- Applications to remove executors and trustees
- Applications to revoke an existing grant.
- Administration proceedings pursuant to Order 54 of the Supreme Court Rules
- Applications for Commission pursuant to section 65 of the Administration and Probate Act.
- Applications for Benjamin Orders
- Advising ANZ Trustees on numerous issues involving the administration of deceased estates, charitable trusts and property sales and purchases.
- Advising Equity Trustees on numerous issues involving the administration and litigation of deceased estates.
Robyn is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, a committee member of the Succession Law Section of the Law Institute and a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.