Sandra is a special counsel with Aitken Partners. She has a background in research and a broad skill set in corporate law, intellectual property, commercial litigation and insolvency.
Sandra advises business and private clients on a range of commercial matters, including drafting, reviewing and advising on:
- company constitutions; and
- rules of incorporated associations.
She also advises in relation to trade marks, copyright, designs and other intellectual property, including:
- applying for the registration of trade marks in Australia and internationally; and
- advising on and conducting litigation on intellectual property disputes.
She advises a number of insolvency practitioners as well as creditors and debtors in relation to the various forms of administration of insolvent companies and bankrupt estates of individuals. Her advice in insolvency often involves:
- drafting of Deeds of Company Arrangements;
- acting for litigators on debt and preference claims;
- acting for trustees in banking, property, family law and other examinations; and
- advising private clients concerning personal and corporate insolvencies.
Sandra is a member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia (IPAA).
Her commercial litigation work is mostly with regard to ownership of property and contractual disputes.