Stephen has more than 25 years experience in law including general commercial law, commercial dispute resolution and employment law. He provides constructive advice to assist clients to achieve favourable outcomes in the formation, interpretation and enforcement of their commercial contracts.
Stephen has broad commercial experience across a range of industries including manufacturing, transport and logistics, distribution, IT, agribusiness and the promotions industry.
Stephen is a qualified mediator with extensive experience and expertise in resolution of a broad range of commercial disputes and workplace and employment law, areas in which he has acted for both Government and private enterprise in both Federal and State Courts.
- Advising clients on a range of issues, including:
- drafting supply and service agreements including terms of trade and supplier agreements
- drafting IT agreements, licences and distribution agreements
- intellectual property and trademarks disputes and registrations
- employment law, workplace health and safety advice including chain of responsibility and enterprise agreements
- tenders for the supply of services and equipment
- commercial dispute resolution
- sponsorship, advertising and promotional agreements .
Stephen has undertaken work for Cargill Australia (a world leader in agribusiness), Independent Distillers (an Asahi owned manufacturer and distributor of alcoholic beverages), MOL Logistics (a Japanese owned transport and logistics company), Zinc (a promotional goods supplier and manufacturer), Unicharm (an Australian based/Japanese owned manufacturer) and International Energy Services (now McAleese Group a transport and logistics company which transports fuel and gas around Australia and provides services to the mining industry).