The team at Aitken Partners is well placed to meet the legal requirements of both private clients and business. We are big enough to provide a full service, yet small enough to care for all our clients. Our team is well versed in providing the right person at the appropriate level of experience to get the desired outcome to a legal issue.
We are able to provide both proactive and reactive advice on a range of issues and to represent our clients at all levels of its operations. Many of our team are experienced in dealing with tribunals and courts and representing our clients. We have experience in litigation and dispute resolution including disputes around partnerships, joint ventures, commercial agreements and employment.
Commercially, we are also able to assist with all contractual and other negotiations as well as in the preparation of general contracts (employment, supply and hire), agreements, licences, deeds and leases.
Highlights of our teams include:
- An approach to litigation based around mediation and fully compliant with the Model Litigant concept.
- Our commercial team handles a range of contractual issues for clients in a broad range of industries
- A compulsory acquisition team that only represented land owners and tenants.
- One of our partners is a former lawyer for the ACCC and as such, we have a deep understanding of trade practices and the operations of the ACCC and the requirements on our clients under the Australian Consumer Law.
- We have three partners involved in franchising work.
- With two accredited specialists in property law we have serious intellectual capital for all levels of property work, including subdivisions, property development, leasing and sales and purchase.
- We have one of around 10 accredited specialists in taxation law in Victoria. He is regarded as one of the leading taxation lawyers in Melbourne.
- We have a small team involved in all facets of employment law and the application of the new Fair Work Act, especially with regards to policies around equal opportunity and related issues.
- We have a detailed understand of the operations of not-for-profit business, especially in Aged Care and also in relation to trusts and taxation issues.