Technology, Media & Telecommunications
With the top five companies in the world being technology companies, digital and technology legal issues could not be more important to business today. The digital economy affects virtually every aspect of our daily lives and digital industries are disrupting and driving innovation across all industries.
Aitken Partners’ TMT team is a leading Australian TMT practice advising the digital and telecommunications industries on all legal issues affecting their operations. Our services range from advising on online terms and conditions, regulatory compliance through to procurement and cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
Team members include ranked lawyers in Chambers Global, Asia Pacific Legal 500 and Best Lawyers.
“A one-stop shop” – Chambers Global and Chambers Asia Pacific
Managing Intellectual Property says of team leader, Malcolm McBratney, he is ‘not only knowledgeable in the law, but also grasps the commercial implications of any action, quickly’ while World Trade Mark Review says Malcolm “has a remarkable grasp of the commercial implications of his work”.
As a recommended lawyer in the Asia IP Profiles, Malcolm receives acclaim for his “expertise and responsiveness” and “fantastic client service”.
Our TMT team assists in the full range of organisations’ digital and technology legal needs including advice on :
- ICT contracts and procurement;
- Online and mobile terms and conditions;
- Data protection and privacy;
- IP and commercial due diligence;
- M&A and private equity;
- Startup and venture capital dealings;
- Capital raising and IPOs;
- Litigation and disputes.
A representative sample of our team members’ recent experience include advising :
- Amcom Telecommunications Limited in the acquisition of the Megaport business and telecommunications infrastructure
- Primus in its $192 million sale to M2 Telecommunications Group Ltd ;
- eServGlobal on the $110 million acquisition of its USP business by Oracle
- Go Pro, FitBit and numerous other USA and European companies on Australian legal compliance and localisation of core legal documents.
- Various confidential privacy and data protection issues and investigations for a range of name brand clients.