Based in the Melbourne CBD, Aitken Partners is a well-established commercial law firm with a history dating back to 1923. We offer legal services to clients who seek a total solution to all their legal needs. We strive to build a personal relationship with the decision-makers in the business and to be responsive to their needs.
In addition, we have a thriving private client business, with highly-rated teams in Family Law, Wills & Estates and Property Law which benefits from our full-service approach.
About the Role
This position offers a range of files across all areas within family law. Being a senior member of the team, you will be working closely with the Principal Lawyer on legal strategy and approach. You will also be given opportunities to mentor junior members of the team and to build your own profile and client base.
Your day-to-day work will include:
- Supporting clients through their family law proceedings, instructing quality counsel and appearing in court as required
- Providing personalised advice to clients to achieve the best possible solution for their situation
- Managing files using the latest technology and precedent and billing platforms
- Networking and building your own referral base is a part of the role despite this being an established business
- Mentoring and supporting the career development of junior practitioners
What’s on Offer?
- We value our people. We believe in an open-door, relaxed working environment allowing people to operate in a manner that cultivates a friendly culture and reduces stress levels.
- A culture of ambition, support, and inclusivity. We are passionate about what we do, and we want to work with those who share that same drive.
- We recognise and reward success. Quality work and exceeding budget will be acknowledged and rewarded accordingly.
- We focus on our clients. We always aim to get our clients the best results whilst being mindful of costs, no matter their circumstance.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 8+ years’ PAE experience working across a variety of Family Law matters, in particular, experience and competency in complex property/financial matters, parenting and domestic violence matters.
- Is passionate about providing personalised advice and getting the best outcomes for their clients.
- Has demonstrated ability to draft legal documents and correspondence in a clear and concise language.
- Is committed to growing personally and to continuing the growth of our business.
- Has a high degree of computer literacy and legal research skills.
- Enjoys marketing and presenting.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume to Christine Roberts (email@example.com) with a cover letter outlining why you are interested in working at Aitken Partners and what value you can bring to the team and the firm more broadly.