- Areas of Law Litigation , Compulsory Acquisition , Will Disputes , The Genuine Alternative , Our Approach , Alternative Dispute Resolution , Crisis Support , Dispute Resolution
- Qualifications Accredited Specialist Commercial Litigation (since 1994)
Andrew Blogg is an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation and advises individuals, partnerships and companies on a range of legal disputes. His clients include a wide range of businesses including farming and agricultural enterprises and frequently acts in disputes concerning a family business or enterprises or in partnership disputes.
Andrew also boasts extensive experience in advice on compulsory acquisitions under the Land Acquisition and Compensation Act and has been involved in some large and complex disputes in this area.
Andrew’s preferred approach is to resolve disputes (whether at mediation or otherwise) in order to avoid costly (and often emotionally charged) litigation, but is equally adept at representing his clients in all courts, including all State Courts from the Magistrates’ Court to the Court of Appeal of the Supreme Court, and in the Commonwealth Courts including the Federal Circuit Court, Federal Court and the High Court.
He has also represented clients in multi-jurisdictional disputes and has represented clients in countries such as the United States of America, India, China and Thailand.
- Conducting an international arbitration (Seattle USA) on behalf of a Australian distributor.
- Conducting proceedings in Bangkok (Thailand) arising out of a Joint Venture arrangement, including a failure to comply with relevant taxation and import legislation.
- Conducting various Supreme Court Proceeding in relation to the conduct of Trustees of Family and related trusts including superannuation funds.
- Successfully conducting Supreme Court proceedings (and subsequent appeals) as to whether Heads of Agreement were legally enforceable.
- Supreme Court proceedings concerning compensation payable under the Land Acquisition and Compensation Act regarding significant land ownership and business.
- Various cases in VCAT concerning disputes between property owners.
- Court proceedings between joint venture partners, including claims arising out of a residential commercial development.
- Advising clients on the failure of broker to recommend business interruption insurance in circumstances where the client subsequently suffered a significant interruption to its business.
- Advising owners of land and businesses affected by land acquisition for most major infrastructure projects in Victoria over the past few years, including complex advice for relocated business.
- Disputes concerning shareholders or joint venturers or parties involving family members
- Hiking in this beautiful country
- Footy – long suffering and perennially optimistic Carlton Blues supporter in the AFL.