- Areas of Law Business Law , Property Law , , M&A , ,
- Qualifications Accredited Specialist Business Law
Chris is a highly experienced business lawyer and primarily provides advice to individual and small to medium sized enterprise clients on complex issues pertaining to their businesses.
Chris is an accredited specialist in Business Law in Victoria and practices in both transactional work and dispute resolution. Prior to migrating to Australia in 2001, Chris ran a successful law firm in the United Kingdom.
Chris is a writer for Lexis Nexis Practical Guidance in the topics of Commercial Property and Franchising.
Generally, Chris is happy to accept instructions in all matters of a commercial or property related nature (including conveyancing and leases).
- Dealing with a Building Order relating to fire protection measures served on a recently constructed CBD Hotel;
- Dealing with Owners Corporations issues relating to agreements made by a developer when it had sole control of the Owners Corporation and claims for indemnity against the developer.
- Acting for a majority group of investors in a managed investment scheme in connection with their wish to change responsible entities and remove the board of a management company employed by the custodian;
- Seeking production of documents by a corporation on behalf of a shareholder and seeking rectification of the shareholders register.
- Advising on disclosure of documents to the UK HMRC in a complex tax investigation.
- Advising a partner in a solicitors firm regarding her obligations of confidentiality and non-competition and negotiating her on her entry as a principal in a larger firm and negotiating her terms of engagement and giving advice on structuring her holding in the new firm.
- Chris has experience in working in a number of foreign jurisdictions including the UK, Jersey and the Channel Islands, Hong Kong, Bermuda, Fiji and the BVI.
- Chris likes to spend time with his family and enjoys playing the piano and attending classical music concerts.