Daniel Black is a principal lawyer in our Wills and & Estates team. Daniel has experience assisting clients with:
- Drafting simple and complex Wills (including Testamentary Trusts, Superannuation Proceeds Trusts, Special Disability Trusts and Capital Reserved Trusts).
- Drafting Enduring Powers of Attorney, Appointment of Medical Treatment Decision Maker(s), and Binding Death Benefit Nominations and/or Agreements.
- Complex estate and farm succession planning including the use of partnerships, companies, and trusts.
- Applications for Grant of Probate and Letters of Administration, administration of deceased estates, and Deeds of Family Arrangement.
- Probate caveats and estate litigation including Testator’s Family Maintenance claims (Part IV claims) and equitable claims.
- Applications to VCAT for Guardianship and/or Administration orders, and reassessments of orders.
Recent Estate Litigation Experience
- Semmler v Todd  VSC 567; Semmler v Todd (No 2)  VSC 609.
- Re Kelsall  VSC 724.
- Re McGowan & Valentini Trusts  VSC 154.
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Geelong Law Association