- Areas of Law Litigation , Business Law , Not-For-Profit , Compulsory Acquisition , Intellectual Property
- Qualifications Juris Doctor
Univ. Certificate in Transnational Legal Studies (US/UK)
Bachelor of Arts (Hons)
Diploma of International Relations from a Spanish Perspective (Spain)
Bachelor of International Relations
- We Chatejmeeking
Erin Meeking works broadly across our Litigation and Commercial & Property practice areas and is a key member of the Intellectual Property Team, assisting her clients to navigate a broad range of disputes and commercial matters as well as trademarks, copyright, designs and other intellectual property.
Erin’s hands-on approach ensures clients are provided with clear, considered and practical advice, guided by empathy and understanding.
Whether her clients are commercial entities, not-for-profits, families or individuals, Erin is dedicated to achieving outcomes tailored to each client.
Prior to joining Aitken Partners, Erin worked across the youth, women’s, humanitarian, government and not-for-profit sectors. Erin finds that her diverse experience informs her legal practice, allowing her to approach her client’s issues from a range of perspectives to find the most pragmatic solution.
Outside of Aitken Partners, Erin is the Co-Chair of the Victorian Women Lawyers Justice Committee and is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria Young Lawyers’ Law Reform Committee.
- Commercial advice, including the preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts.
- Litigation advice, including advice on complex litigation proceedings.
- Corporate advisory and governance, including advice on corporate governance issues and regulatory compliance.
- Advising a leading online retailer with Therapeutic Goods compliance advice.
- Advising non-profit incorporated associations concerning the application of and amendments to their Rules.
- Advising clients on consumer law issues, including restrictive trade practices and unfair term provisions.
- Acting for administrators of Owners Corporations and companies in voluntary administration.
- Advising Owners Corporations on the recovery of fees from lot owners, including litigation advice on recovery through VCAT, the Magistrates’ and Supreme Courts.
- Semi-Finalist for the Community Service and Social Impact Award, Victorian Young Achiever’s Awards in 2017
- Nominated for the Leadership Award, Victorian Young Achiever’s Awards in 2016 and 2017
- Nominated for the Community Service and Social Impact Award, Victorian Young Achiever’s Awards in 2016
- Golden Key International Honour Society – La Trobe University Chapter – Recognised by La Trobe University as being in the top 15% of the Bachelor of International Relations
- Erin was selected as a participant in the 2019-2020 Rights Advocacy Project through Liberty Victoria, contributing to key law reform campaigns within the Criminal Justice sector
- Erin a Co-Editor of Global Change, Peace and Security