- Areas of Law Business Law , Litigation , Aged Care Royal Commission , Crisis Support , Alternative Dispute Resolution , Dispute Resolution
- Qualifications LLB, BSc
Jonathon Lean is one of Aitken Partners rising stars, and he has been a finalist in 2017 in Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Awards for young lawyers. Since beginning work with Aitken Partners Jonathon has focused on dispute resolution and commercial advice.
He has worked for ASX listed companies and large private companies, successfully advising clients on:
- Corporations Law
- Administrative Appeals
- Injunctions & Freezing Orders
- Insurance Law
- Privacy Law
- OH&S Law
- Food Law
- Advising on professional negligence litigation against a broken and insurer for damages in excess of $15m.
- Administrative review in VCAT of Earth Resources Regulations to issue non-compliance notifications under Section 110 of the Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) Act.
- Administrative review of determinations by the Victorian Workcover Authority under Section 85 of the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act.
- Administrative review of premium notices under Section 478 of the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act.
- Advising and negotiating international trade agreements involving Australian, Chinese and Italian businesses involved in premium brands of the automotive trade.
- Negotiating a share sale agreement from non-disclosure through to due diligence and the completion of the transaction.
- Advising on litigation involving directors’ duties breaches and conflicts of interest.
- Detailed understanding of the WorkCover Act
- Advising on administrative reviews, admin law, merits and judicial reviews.
- Rock Climbing
- Finalist in Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Awards (2017)