- Areas of Law Business Law , Litigation , Aged Care Royal Commission , Crisis Support , Alternative Dispute Resolution , Dispute Resolution
- Qualifications LLB, BSc
Jonathon Lean is a Principal Lawyer at Aitken Partners with a focus on dispute resolution and commercial advice.
He has worked for ASX listed companies and large private companies, successfully advising clients on:
- Corporations Law
- Administrative Appeals
- Injunctions & Freezing Orders
- Insurance Law
- Privacy Law
- OH&S Law
- Food Law
- Advising on professional negligence litigation against an insurance broker and insurer for damages in excess of $15m.
- Administrative review in VCAT of Earth Resources Regulations to issue non-compliance notifications under Section 110 of the Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) Act.
- Administrative review of determinations by the Victorian Workcover Authority under Section 85 of the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act.
- Administrative review of premium notices under Section 478 of the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act.
- Advising and negotiating international trade agreements involving Australian, Chinese and Italian businesses involved in premium brands of the automotive trade.
- Negotiating a share sale agreement from non-disclosure through to due diligence and the completion of the transaction.
- Advising on litigation involving directors’ duties breaches and conflicts of interest.
- Detailed understanding of the WorkCover Act
- Advising on administrative reviews, admin law, merits and judicial reviews.
- Rock Climbing
- Finalist in Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Awards (2017)