- Areas of Law Litigation , Business Law , Workplace Law
- Qualifications Deakin University, Burwood Campus: Bachelor of Laws (Hons)/Bachelor of Arts (Public Relations Major).
- Focus AreasCommercial, Insolvency
Lucy is a member of the litigation and employment law teams and finds that working cross a broad range of practice areas allows her to assess legal situations from different perspectives; providing her a greater understanding of complex issues.
Lucy started her career in a boutique law firm located in Melbourne’s CBD where she developed her skills in litigation, commercial and corporate law. Lucy also has experience with cryptocurrency and managed investment schemes.
- Advising on the establishment, operation and promotion of managed investment schemes to launch a blockchain for property investment and management, cryptocurrency and fund compliance within ASIC’s regulatory framework and Corporations Act 2001.
- Acting for plaintiff in litigation matter within the Corporations Act 2001 and Competition and Consumer Law 2010 jurisdiction in relation to misuse of directors’ duties and misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Registration of overseas property and retail investment funds. This involved reviewing the funds’ UCITS compliance, identifying appropriate authorised intermediaries and investment managers and vetting for compliance under the Corporations Act 2001.
- Acting for employee-complainant in disputes against global IT company and a high-profile community development organisation in relation to redundancy entitlements and bullying and discriminatory behaviour.
- Negotiation of multi-national supply agreements.
- Preparation of sale of business contracts (purchaser and vendor) and Shareholders’ Agreements
- Pilates and yoga
- Live music