- Areas of Law Property Law , Compulsory Acquisition
- Qualifications Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Social Science (Criminal Justice)
Natasha Ozolins is a key member of Compulsory Acquisition Team where her advice is guided by empathy and understanding, as well as the law and what is possible in the compulsory acquisition space.
Natasha acts on behalf of land owners, businesses and tenants in compulsory acquisition claims and disputes. Natasha’s focus is to ensure that clients affected by compulsory acquisitions are made aware of all of their rights and to ensure that the clients obtain all the compensation to which they are entitled, financial or otherwise in a low stress environment. Natasha also ensures that the clients are in the best position that they can be once the compulsory acquisition process has finalised and they are able to move on with their lives.
Natasha completed her Bachelor of Laws at Victoria University in 2014 and was awarded membership to the Golden Key International Honours Society after being recognised by Victoria University for her academic performance, as being in the top 15% of the Law Faculty in her final year.
In addition to her Bachelor of Laws, Natasha has a Bachelor of Social Science majoring in Criminal Justice in which she graduated as dux of her final year.
Some of Natasha’s experience includes:
- Claims for replacement property costs, including reimbursement for stamp duty, conveyancing costs and registration fees;
- Claims for Capital Gains Tax rollover relief;
- Claims for reinstatement of fences, all weather access tracks, dams and bores, garden beds, sheds, stock crossings and signage;
- Claims for the reconfiguration of a business’ infrastructure on the land that remains;
- Claims for loss of income during construction and temporary occupation periods;
- Claims for loss of rental income where a landowner has suffered the loss of tenancies and/or reductions in rental income by reason of the land acquisition;
- Claims for relocating a business to a replacement property including fit out and relocation of the replacement property;
- Claims for business interruption and loss of profits for a business that has relocated to a replacement property;
- Claims for business extinguishment as a result of the acquisition of the property from which the business operated;
- Claims for loss of a business owner’s executive time as a result of dealing with the land acquisition claim;
- Public Acquisition Overlay claims including loss on sale claims and planning permit application refusals;
- Easement acquisitions relating to water pipes and electrical conduits;
- Claims for reimbursement of legal and professional fees incurred as a result of the land acquisition;
- Supreme Court litigation which primarily concerned the application and interpretation of a number of provisions of the Land Acquisition and Compensation Act 1986 (Vic).
- Natasha has a vast knowledge of compulsory acquisition law with more than 8 years’ experience working in the Compulsory Acquisition Team.
- Footy – Natasha is a long-time Hawthorn member and a keep supporter.
- Victorian Women Lawyers – Natasha is a committee member of the Work Practices Committee.
- Law Institute of Victoria – Natasha is a committee member of the Young Lawyers Community Issues Committee.
- Victorian Women Lawyers
- Hawthorn Football Club