- Areas of Law Litigation , Insolvency , Intellectual Property
- Qualifications MLitt, BMus(Hons), MA, LLB(Hons), PhD
Sandra McColl provides advice to business and private clients on a range of commercial matters and disputes as well as trademarks, copyright, designs and other intellectual property.
Sandra advises insolvency practitioners as well as creditors and debtors in relation to the various forms of administration of insolvent companies and bankrupt estates. Sandra is a member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA).
Her commercial litigation work is mostly with regard to ownership of property, Corporations Act disputes and contractual disputes. Sandra also advises builders and owners in relation to domestic building.
- Acting for liquidators in proceedings to recover unfair preferences.
- Acting for trustees in bankruptcy in proceedings to recover property that has been disposed of for less than its true value.
- Acting for trustees in bankruptcy to obtain registration on title where the certificate of title to a bankrupt’s property has been lost.
- Acting for liquidators in matters involving property held in trust.
- Acting for administrators of companies in voluntary administration.
- Advising and conducting Federal Court proceedings on behalf of a client in agribusiness to stop a former employee from using technical drawings not covered by copyright.
- Conducting Supreme Court litigation on behalf of an agricultural equipment manufacturer in a dispute with a former contractor who was manufacturing similar products in breach of the manufacturer’s IP rights which included registration and revocation of a design under the Designs Act 2003 (Cth).
- Advising a client involved in a passing off dispute involving packaging sourced from a Chinese supplier.
- Advising an Australian client in the electronics industry on several trademark infringements in other countries.
- Advising a global manufacturer of sportswear on the application, protection and use of trademarks, intellectual property and designs in Australia.
- Advising non-profit incorporated associations concerning the application of and amendments to their Rules.
- Acting for dissenting members of an Owners Corporation in an application to VCAT seeking consent to a resolution to transfer common property to one member and alter the plan of subdivision.
- Sandra plays numerous musical instruments.