- Areas of Law Property Law
- Qualifications Accredited Specialist Commercial Tenancy Law
Sarah is one of a very small number of Accredited Specialists in Commercial Tenancy in Victoria, and provides advice on leasing arrangement to landlord and tenants in Victoria and nationally. She also provides general property advice to her clients, some of whom run complex national businesses with both retail and other commercial tenancies involved.
Sarah’s expertise in commercial tenancy law extends to:
- negotiating and litigating commercial and retail leasing disputes.
- Advising on complicated aspects of the retail legislation;
- providing advice on the effect and interpretation of clauses in leases, including make-good, rent provisions and repair and maintenance obligations for both Landlords and Tenants;
- tenant’s fixtures and improvements;
- leasehold enquiries and disclosures;
- preparing and negotiating leasehold documentation;
- the application of contractual and equitable principles to leases;
- protection of lease;
- termination of leases;
- Remedies; and
- Stamp duty.
- Advising the exclusive distributor for lululemon athletica in Australia in relation to their lease agreements nationwide.
- Advising a new retailer who is expanding into the Australian Market on the issues associated with leasing premises in Australia; .
- Advising on commercial property developments at Mount Hotham, Falls Creek and Mt Buller. Including contracts of sale, advice relating to legal structures, preparation of sub leases, management agreements and service agreements, mortgage and finance agreements; and.
- Advising a national retailer in relation to its make-good obligations at a number of its store locations.
- Sarah is the author of the Commercial Tenancy Blog.