- Areas of Law
Litigation , Insolvency
- Qualifications Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (College of Law, 2020)
Juris Doctor, The University of Melbourne (2020)
Bachelor of Science (Major in Pharmacology), The University of Melbourne (2011)
Thomas is a Dispute Resolution and Insolvency Lawyer with a focus on achieving commercially sensible solutions for his clients. Thomas has a breadth of experience, ranging across the music industry, manufacturing, and hospitality (to name a few), allowing him to quickly identify his clients’ business needs and provide them with highly targeted advice.
Thomas’ Commercial Litigation and Insolvency work includes:
- Acting for Liquidators to recover unfair preferences;
- Acting for Liquidators in insolvent trading matters;
- Providing advice and issuing statutory demands for debt recovery;
- Advising on debt recovery disputes, including on the merits of recovery and likelihood of success;
- Advising on professional negligence litigation against an insurance broker and insurer for damages in excess of $15m;
- Acting for an Owners’ Corporation in relation to complex negligence proceedings against a builder;
- Acting for plaintiffs in misleading and deceptive conduct claims;
Thomas also has experience in a variety of other areas of law, including but not limited to:
- Acting for plaintiffs in trespass and nuisance claims;
- Reviewing a share sale agreement involving multiple companies and trusts;
- Advising on aspects of the Firearms Act 1996 (Vic) in relation to police powers.
In his spare time, Thomas also sits as Chairman of the Basketball Victoria Tribunal in Eltham, which involves the leading of evidence from referees, players and witnesses, cross-examination of the same, and delivering judgments at the conclusion of hearings.
- Watching the legendary New York Giants
- Playing guitar and singing to relive his old band’s glory days
- Playing basketball