With ever increasing regulation in the Aged Care & Retirement Village industry, providers and operators must remain on top of legislative changes.
The requirements of the Aged Care & Retirement Village industry are unique, as are those who participate in it. To properly advise in this industry the advisor must know the industry and the law – at Aitken Partners we do. We provide client-focused advice on a range of Aged Care & Retirement Village industry issues, including:
- Advising and assisting aged care facilities and other community service providers regarding compliance with State and Commonwealth government regulations and requirements, the conduct of departmental investigations, complaint handling and appeal processes;
- Preparing and updating client agreements in accordance with regulatory requirements including the Aged Care Act 1997 (Cth) and Retirement Villages Act 1986 (Vic);
- Advising on mergers, acquisitions and disposals of Aged Care and Retirement Village properties and businesses including due diligence investigations, negotiations and documentation
- Advising and drafting project management agreements for construction projects:
- Advising and acting on construction and development of aged care facilities including land acquisitions, leasing, planning, development and construction;
- Providing structuring advice in relation to the establishment of Aged Care and Retirement Village operating entities and businesses including not for profit structures;
- Providing compliance advice under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Vic) and the Co-operatives Act 1996 (Vic) including training and education sessions for Boards and committees;
- Drafting and amending Constitutions for corporations and associations and joint venture agreements;
- Negotiating, advising and drafting in respect of services and supplies procurement;
- Drafting and advising on software development agreements, software licensing agreements and service agreements for suppliers and recipients of IT services;
- Advising on joint venture arrangements including the development of community housing; and
- Assisting our clients in relation to their development and sale of retirement village units.