Large multi-site aged care provider
Our client is a large multi-site aged care provider drawing on our depth of experience in aged care and health, as well as general property and business law. Our advice is multi-faceted, dealing with issues unique to aged care and retirement living and a range of commercial and general legal issues.
Our advice includes:
- Advising on several mergers and acquisitions.
- The acquisition of existing facilities and the incorporation of these stand-alone businesses into the general operations of our client.
- Advising on the development of greenfield sites and the redevelopment of existing sites, including property law, planning advice, and associated building and consultant contracts.
- Providing structuring and restructuring advice.
- Advising on compliance, including with Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) and Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- Advising on corporate governance and directors’ duties.
- Handling compliance issues under the Commonwealth Aged Care Act (1997) and the Victorian Retirement Villages Act 1986.
- Advising on employment issues, including employment contracts, policies, dispute management, employee entitlements, transfer of business issues and workplace investigations.
- Advising on procurement and supply agreements, including standard and large-scale service and supply agreements, such as maintenance and food services.
- Advising on privacy and digital security, including compliance with the Health Records Act (Vic) and the Privacy Act (Cth).
- Advising in respect of intellectual property issues, including brand issues.
- Advising on software licensing.
- Advising on Retirement Village Contracts and aged care agreements.v
- Advising on land tax and charitable exemptions, including SRO applications and objections.
- Advising on and drafting policies and procedures.
- Advising on the handling of resident complaints and disputes.