Our team of lawyers specialise in aged care and health law and can provide tailored legal advice to suit your needs.
The requirements of the Aged Care & Retirement Village industry are unique, as are those who participate in it. To properly advise in this industry, the advisor must know the industry and the law – at Aitken Partners, we do. We provide tailored advice on a range of Aged Care & Retirement Village industry issues to suit specific needs, including:
- Advising and assisting aged care facilities and other community service providers regarding compliance with State and Commonwealth government regulations and requirements, departmental investigations, complaint handling and appeal processes.
- Preparing and updating client agreements in accordance with regulatory requirements, including the Aged Care Act 1997 (Cth) and Retirement Villages Act 1986 (Vic).
- Advising on mergers, acquisitions and disposals of Aged Care and Retirement Village properties and businesses, including due diligence investigations, negotiations and preparation of documentation.
- Advising and drafting project management agreements.
- Advising and acting on the construction and development of aged care facilities and retirement villages, including land acquisitions, leasing, planning issues and advice, development and construction.
- Providing structuring advice with the establishment of aged care and retirement village operating entities and businesses, including not-for-profit structures.
- Providing compliance advice under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Vic) and the Co-operatives Act 1996 (Vic), including training and education sessions for Boards and committees.
- Drafting and amending Constitutions for corporations and associations, joint venture agreements and the development of community housing.
- Negotiating, advising and drafting of services and supplies procurement.
- Drafting and advising on software development agreements, software licensing agreements and service agreements for suppliers and recipients of IT services.
- Assisting our clients in relation to their development and sale of retirement village units, including leasehold, freehold, loan lease and licence structures.
If you would like to speak to one of our lawyers in relation to Aged Care, please contact our office on (03) 8600 6000 today.
Get in touch
Fill out the form below or give us a call: +61 3 8600 6000