Running a business in Australia can be a complex and challenging task, but it doesn’t have to be. At Aitken Partners, we have a team of experienced business lawyers who can provide expert legal advice to businesses of all sizes and maturity. We can help you navigate the legal landscape and achieve your business goals.
Our Business Law Team has the breadth of knowledge and an understanding of the industries in which our clients operate. We apply these skills to benefit a range of entities, including public and private companies, not-for-profit organisations, partnerships and small businesses.
With strong links through our national and international networks, we can provide a single point of reference for our clients, whether they are opening a new store in Brisbane or sourcing supply from China.
Our business and commercial lawyers advise and guide clients across the breadth of commercial law, including:
- Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements and contracts, including procurement and supply agreements, terms of trade, security and maintenance contracts, agreements for the supply and/or installation of goods and materials, and professional and other service agreements.
- Business acquisition and sales advice covering contractual due diligence, negotiations, preparation of documentation, assignments of leases and material contracts, licensing and permit transfers, settlement and post-settlement actions and disputes.
- Compliance and governance advice covering (among other things), Corporations Act compliance, directors’ duties, corporate governance, general meetings of members, constitutional amendments, related party transactions, share buy-backs, employee share schemes, compliance with ASIC and ACNC requirements and lodgements and other legislative and industry-specific compliance, licensing and permits.
- Taxation advice covering duties, payroll and land tax, franchise fees and capital gains tax. We also advise businesses on tax-effective structuring of operations and transactions, including the tax implications of acquisitions and sales.
- Debt recovery and dealing effectively with the consequences of clients’ own and their customers’ financial problems. Effective debt recovery is essential to many of our clients’ businesses. Aitken Partners is efficient at recovering debts for clients and has many years of experience in implementing efficient recovery of debts on behalf of clients. We also advise our clients on strategies to minimise the risk of bad debt.
- Advising on joint ventures, partnerships and shareholder arrangements involving structuring and establishing these businesses.
- Investor and business visa advice to seek residence in Australia.
Get in touch
Fill out the form below or give us a call: +61 3 8600 6000