+61 3 8600 6051
Areas of Law: Property Law
Qualifications: Bachelor of Laws I Bachelor of Commerce (Major: Accounting)
Steve Maule is a property lawyer with more than three decades experience advising on all aspects of real property and conveyancing, leases and licences and site re-development for both small and large projects.
Steve also has a business law practice involving sales and purchases of businesses and companies, advising directors and shareholders, advising on commercial contracts and general corporate advice.
His current client base includes various not-for-profit organisations, medium to large private companies, family businesses and private individuals.
Steve provides advice on the integration of corporate structures and family assets, on the vesting and splitting of trusts and change of trustees and the preparation of complex Wills and general advice on estate matters.
- Advising and drafting of complex shareholder/unitholder/joint venture agreements for substantial businesses and property investment structures.
- Advising on Victorian Land Tax and Duties Act issues, including lodging complex objections and applications for exemptions.
- Advising on the development a $350 million golf course estate, involving a 800 lot subdivision, golf course, hotel and convention centre. This project has involved:
- Off the plan sales of staged subdivisions;
- satisfying complex planning issues and approvals;
- resolving licensing issues (between the local shire council and the local water authority); and
- complex project financing advice.
- Advising on the development of petrol stations and fuel depot sites for Scotts Agencies of Mt Gambier, including advice and negotiation on contamination and pollution issues.
- Advising and acting for two Vendors of businesses with values in excess of $10,000,000 and $20,000,000 with operations in multiple states and complex earn out issues.