Workplace & Employment Law
When it comes to finding a workplace and employment lawyer, Melbourne clients want to be sure they are dealing with a professional and skilled team of experts who will work to achieve an efficient and positive outcome for every case. That is why clients from across Victoria and right around Australia have been turning to Aitken Partners for nearly 100 years.
Our Employment & Workplace Law Team has expertise in all matters affecting the employment relationship throughout Australia. Stephen Curtain who heads our team, has again been rated by Best Lawyers in this field.
- Industrial law
- Negotiation and certification of enterprise agreements with unions
- Urgent advice and representation on industrial action (eg strike, picketing)
- Union rights of workplace entry
- Advice on award interpretation and compliance
- Defending claims (eg underpayments, unfair dismissal, general protections) in all Courts and the Fair Work Commission
- Drafting and advising on contracts of employment
- Drafting policies, (eg performance and misconduct, alcohol and drug testing, fitness for duty, equal employment opportunity and diversity, privacy, social media
- Executive disputes eg post-employment restraint of trade, shares, commissions, reasonable notice, defamation, corporate governance, white collar crime
- Copyright and patent issues arising in the employment relationship
- Applications for temporary and permanent working visas, advice on overseas secondments
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Defending WorkSafe prosecutions in the Magistrates and County Court
- Representation at coronial inquests
- Drafting relevant OH&S policies eg fitness for duty alcohol and drug testing, manual handling, working from heights
- Advice on all relevant environmental laws affecting workplace safety
- Workers’ compensation
- Advising self-insured employers on claims management strategies
- Advising all employers on strategies to reduce WorkCover insurance premium
- Advising employers insured under the WorkCover scheme on how best to manage WorkCover
- Workplace Investigations
- We can conduct workplace investigations or instruct a suitably legally qualified workplace investigator
- Liaising with appropriate experts for accounting fraud, computer fraud, false WorkCover claims, or any other case of dishonest conduct
- Issue civil proceedings to recover losses against an employee or other party, including urgent Court application to freeze assets and search property
- Advice on all aspects of criminal procedure, liaising with regulatory authorities such as Victoria Police, Australia Federal Police, ACCC, ASIC
So when it comes to finding a qualified employment lawyer in Melbourne, make sure you contact the respected and trusted staff at Aitken Partners today.
Employment Lawyer Melbourne
At Aitken Partners we have a comprehensive understanding of employment and workplace law, helping clients from a range of industries to find swift, mutually beneficial and respectful outcomes to disputes, settlements or other legal matters.
After an initial consultation with our employment lawyers, Melbourne clients will be able to have peace of mind, knowing their matter is in capable and qualified hands.
At Aitken Partners we pride ourselves on being the firm that all Victorians turn to when they are in need of compassionate and efficient legal services. We’re a local law firm, standing up for the needs and voices of communities across the state and right around the country.
Along with in-demand employment lawyers, we also employ leading teams of compulsory acquisition lawyers, child custody experts, family law solicitors, divorce attorneys and lawyers and immigration consultants. We are always in your corner, providing an open, honest and relatable legal advice and guidance.
For more information relating to our work in compulsory acquisition disputes and other legal matters, simply call Aitken Partners today on 03 8600 6080.