Our client is a leading producer of sustainably grown Australian timber products and is at the forefront of integrated forestry and softwood manufacturing in Australia. It has a head office in Melbourne and operates two regional large-scale timber manufacturing facilities in Tasmania and South Australia for processing plantation-grown sawlogs.
We have been working with this business since 2015, providing advice on many aspects of its operations, including:
- Drafting supply agreements for the supply of logs and sale of finished timber products.
- Negotiating an electricity supply agreement with SA Power Networks to supply electricity and transformers for its site in rural South Australia.
- Advising on the terms and conditions of a supply agreement with suppliers from Denmark and Germany of equipment for its saw lines, including hardware and software and its installation and integration.
- Advising on a log sale agreement with SA Forestry for the supply of logs.
- Advising on and negotiating a government funding agreement with the Tasmanian and South Australian Governments.
- Advising on many supply agreements with plantation owners for the supply of logs.
- Drafting agreements for the sale of redundant equipment.
- Advising on woodchip sale agreements.
- Advising on bank funding agreements.
- Advising on non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements.
- Trade practices advice concerning marketing statements to ensure compliance with the Australian Competition and Consumer law.
- Advising on debt collection.
- Negotiating and advising on transport and freight arrangements, including trucking companies and TasRail.
- Negotiating and advising on a fire services agreement.