- Areas of Law Not-For-Profit , Contesting an estate , Defending an estate , Powers of Attorney, Incapacity and Guardianship , Probate and Estate Administration , Will Disputes , Estate Planning
Robert Davey is the last representative of the Aitken family within the firm. He has 50 years’ experience as a legal practitioner, predominantly in the areas of Litigation and Wills and Estates, and has been with the firm all that time.
Robert has considerable experience in the sometimes complex area of trust law and has created and assisted many charitable trusts. He also has acted for farming and pastoral enterprises.
Robert still acts for the first client he represented following his admission and values the long-standing relationships he has with his clients.
- Wills, Trusts and Estates.
- Advising on all legal aspects of trusts and wills.
- Advising on all matters of estates, including estate planning and associated dispute resolution
- Preparing wills, trusts and other related documentation
- Administering trusts and estates.
- Advising trustees and beneficiaries on their rights and obligations.
- Advising on the establishment of trusts and preparing trust deeds and variations.
- Advising on the vesting and splitting of trusts and change of trustees
- Preparing and advising on charitable trusts
- Contested Estates
- Providing advice on challenges to wills
- Obtaining probate (both general and limited grants) in contested and difficult estates.
- Acting in litigation in relation to trusts and estates.
- Robert is a member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Doyles Guide, Recommended Lawyer Wills & Estates 2018