- Areas of Law
Intellectual Property , Litigation , Insolvency
- Qualifications Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Commerce (Major: Finance)
Sam is a lawyer in Aitken Partners’ litigation, insolvency and intellectual property teams.
Sam commenced working at Aitken Partners as a paralegal in 2017 while studying at University and completed his supervised legal training in 2020.
- Advising on professional negligence litigation against an insurance broker and insurer for damages in excess of $15m.
- Acting for an insolvency practitioner in an application to be appointed receiver and manager, as well as successfully obtaining a warrant to seize property.
- Acting for an Owners Corporation in relation to complex levy recovery proceedings.
- Acting for landlords in VCAT and the Supreme Court in termination of lease disputes.
Registration of trade marks in Australia and overseas.
- Advising on trade mark infringement.
- All things sport, particularly cycling and watching the mighty Essendon Bombers.