- Areas of Law Litigation , Insolvency , Workplace Law , Intellectual Property
- Qualifications Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Commerce (Major: Finance)
Sam is an Associate with a diverse litigious practice, being a member of Aitken Partners’ litigation, insolvency, intellectual property and owners corporation law teams.
Sam commenced working at Aitken Partners as a paralegal in 2017 while studying at University and completed his supervised legal training in 2020. Given the broad range of Sam’s practice, throughout his time at Aitken Partners, he has developed strong relationships with commercial clients to whom he provides advice for an array of legal issues relating to their business.
A recent example of an unreported judgment in which Sam has appeared is:
- Owners Corporation PS419696X v SCJAR Mandorla Pty Ltd (Owners Corporations)  VCAT 795.
Sam has also instructed in the following recent unreported judgments:
- In the matter of Credit Clear Limited  VSC 206
- Re Slodyczka & Farren Pty Ltd (Costs)  VSC 102
- Rohrt, in the matter of Rose Guerin and Partners Pty Ltd (in liq) v Princes Square W24NY Pty Ltd  FCA 483
- Re Bradbury Industrial Services Pty Ltd  VSC 54
- Acting for a publicly listed company in a complex oppressive conduct proceeding.
- Advising on professional negligence litigation against an insurance broker and insurer.
- Advising shareholders in respect of shareholder disputes involving oppressive conduct, termination of employment and share valuation issues.
- Advising in various insolvency and bankruptcy matters such as insolvent trading, voidable transactions, making and defending applications to wind up a company, issuing and setting aside bankruptcy notices.
- Acting for an insolvency practitioner to successfully obtain an appointment as receiver and manager over the property, assets and undertaking of a trading trust, as well as a warrant to seize property.
- Acting for Owners Corporations in relation to complex debt (levy) recovery proceedings.
- Acting for Owners Corporations in various proceedings in relation to combustible cladding issues and business management agreement disputes.
- Acting for lot owners in derivative actions applications to commence proceedings on behalf of owners corporations pursuant to section 169I of the Owners Corporation Act 2006 (Vic).
- Advising landlords and tenants in respect of residential tenancy disputes in VCAT and the Supreme Court.
- Registration of trade marks in Australia and overseas.
- Advising on trade mark infringements.
- Acting for a client in a copyright infringement dispute in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia relating to architectural plans and designs.
- All things sport, particularly cycling and watching the mighty Essendon Bombers.