- Areas of Law Intellectual Property , Litigation , Insolvency
- Qualifications Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Commerce (Major: Finance)
Sam is a lawyer in Aitken Partners’ litigation, insolvency and intellectual property teams.
Sam commenced working at Aitken Partners as a paralegal in 2017 while studying at University and completed his supervised legal training in 2020.
- Advising on professional negligence litigation against an insurance broker and insurer.
- Advising shareholders in respect of a shareholder agreement dispute involving oppressive conduct, termination of employment and share valuation issues.
- Acting for an insolvency practitioner to successfully obtain an appointment as receiver and manager over the property, assets and undertaking of a trading trust, as well as a warrant to seize property.
- Acting in various insolvency and bankruptcy matters such as making and defending applications to wind up a company and setting aside a bankruptcy notice.
- Acting for Owners Corporations in relation to complex levy recovery proceedings and combustible cladding claims.
- Acting for landlords in VCAT and the Supreme Court in termination of lease disputes.
- Registration of trade marks in Australia and overseas.
- Advising on trade mark infringements.
- All things sport, particularly cycling and watching the mighty Essendon Bombers.